Prothena (NASDAQ: PRTA) recently received a number of ratings updates from brokerages and research firms:
- 4/10/2018 – Prothena was downgraded by analysts at ValuEngine from a “hold” rating to a “sell” rating.
- 4/5/2018 – Prothena had its price target lowered by analysts at Barclays from $70.00 to $50.00. They now have an “overweight” rating on the stock.
- 4/4/2018 – Prothena was upgraded by analysts at ValuEngine from a “sell” rating to a “hold” rating.
- 3/23/2018 – Prothena was upgraded by analysts at BidaskClub from a “sell” rating to a “hold” rating.
- 3/21/2018 – Prothena had its “overweight” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Cantor Fitzgerald. They now have a $69.00 price target on the stock.
- 3/21/2018 – Prothena had its “buy” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Deutsche Bank.
- 3/21/2018 – Prothena was given a new $70.00 price target on by analysts at Oppenheimer Holdings. They now have a “buy” rating on the stock.
- 2/19/2018 – Prothena was upgraded by analysts at Zacks Investment Research from a “sell” rating to a “hold” rating. According to Zacks, “Prothena’s narrower-than-expected loss in the fourth quarter was encouraging. The company’s efforts to develop its pipeline are encouraging as late stage candidate, NEOD001 looks promising and a potential approval will boost prospects. Moreover, Prothena's license agreement with Roche for the development and commercialization of selected antibodies targeting alpha-synuclein is a big positive as it not only boosts pipeline development but also provides it with funds in the form of research reimbursement and milestone payments. However, Prothena is highly dependent on its collaboration partners for the development of its candidates. The company itself does not have enough resources to independently conduct studies on its candidates. Due to disappointing data from a phase Ib study, the company will not advance PRX003 into mid-stage development. Nevertheless, shares have underperformed the industry in the last six months.”
- 2/17/2018 – Prothena was upgraded by analysts at BidaskClub from a “strong sell” rating to a “sell” rating.
- 2/15/2018 – Prothena was given a new $70.00 price target on by analysts at Oppenheimer Holdings. They now have a “buy” rating on the stock.
Shares of NASDAQ:PRTA traded up $0.37 during midday trading on Friday, hitting $37.97. The stock had a trading volume of 337,476 shares, compared to its average volume of 547,786. Prothena Corp has a 12 month low of $27.19 and a 12 month high of $70.00. The stock has a market capitalization of $1,461.98, a PE ratio of -9.33 and a beta of 2.70.
Prothena (NASDAQ:PRTA) last released its earnings results on Wednesday, February 14th. The biotechnology company reported ($1.24) earnings per share for the quarter, beating the consensus estimate of ($1.48) by $0.24. Prothena had a negative net margin of 556.84% and a negative return on equity of 33.37%. The business had revenue of $0.23 million during the quarter, compared to analysts’ expectations of $0.27 million. During the same period last year, the business earned ($1.41) earnings per share. The firm’s revenue was up 33.9% on a year-over-year basis. research analysts predict that Prothena Corp will post -5.34 EPS for the current year.
Prothena Corporation plc, a late-stage clinical biotechnology company, focuses on the discovery, development, and commercialization of novel immunotherapies for the treatment of diseases in the neuroscience and orphan categories. The company is developing antibody-based product candidates that include NEOD001, a monoclonal antibody that is in Phase III and Phase IIb clinical trials for the treatment of AL amyloidosis; PRX002/RG7935 that is in Phase II clinical trial for treating Parkinson's disease and other related synucleinopathies; and PRX004, a monoclonal antibody that is under preclinical development for the treatment of ATTR Amyloidosis.
Receive News & Ratings for Prothena Corp Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for Prothena Corp and related companies with MarketBeat.com's FREE daily email newsletter.