Textron (NYSE: TXT) has recently received a number of price target changes and ratings updates:
- 1/10/2019 – Textron is now covered by analysts at Susquehanna Bancshares Inc. They set a “neutral” rating and a $52.00 price target on the stock.
- 1/8/2019 – Textron was given a new $59.00 price target on by analysts at Jefferies Financial Group Inc. They now have a “buy” rating on the stock.
- 1/4/2019 – Textron was downgraded by analysts at ValuEngine from a “hold” rating to a “sell” rating.
- 1/4/2019 – Textron was downgraded by analysts at TheStreet from a “b” rating to a “c+” rating.
- 12/17/2018 – Textron had its “buy” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Cowen Inc. They now have a $70.00 price target on the stock.
- 11/30/2018 – Textron was given a new $68.00 price target on by analysts at Jefferies Financial Group Inc. They now have a “buy” rating on the stock.
- 11/17/2018 – Textron was downgraded by analysts at Zacks Investment Research from a “hold” rating to a “sell” rating. According to Zacks, “Textron provided poor delivery figures during the third quarter, which in turn dragged down its revenue. Consequently, the company narrowed its 2018 bottom line expectations. With the current U.S. economy being in favor of expanding interest rate, the credit market may not turn out to be much favorable for Textron. The company operates in a highly competitive market. Some competitors may have more extensive or specialized business segments. Meanwhile, others may develop their own products and directly compete with the company for sales. Thus, it has to keep upgrading its technology to remain competitive in the market, thereby necessitating heavy research and development expenditure. Moreover, its shares underperformed the industry in the last year. However, the company is known globally for its most recognizable and valuable brand names such as Bell Helicopter, Cessna Aircraft Company, Jacobsen, Kautex, E-Z-GO and Greenlee.”
Shares of TXT opened at $48.01 on Monday. The stock has a market capitalization of $11.49 billion, a price-to-earnings ratio of 19.60, a price-to-earnings-growth ratio of 1.09 and a beta of 1.65. The company has a debt-to-equity ratio of 0.70, a quick ratio of 1.11 and a current ratio of 2.29. Textron Inc. has a fifty-two week low of $43.27 and a fifty-two week high of $72.87.
Textron (NYSE:TXT) last announced its quarterly earnings data on Thursday, October 18th. The aerospace company reported $0.61 earnings per share for the quarter, missing the Zacks’ consensus estimate of $0.76 by ($0.15). The business had revenue of $3.20 billion during the quarter, compared to analysts’ expectations of $3.52 billion. Textron had a return on equity of 13.72% and a net margin of 6.11%. Textron’s revenue for the quarter was down 8.2% compared to the same quarter last year. During the same quarter last year, the company posted $0.65 EPS. As a group, equities analysts predict that Textron Inc. will post 3.19 earnings per share for the current year.
A number of institutional investors and hedge funds have recently made changes to their positions in the business. Janus Henderson Group PLC lifted its stake in shares of Textron by 80.9% in the third quarter. Janus Henderson Group PLC now owns 1,013,388 shares of the aerospace company’s stock worth $72,428,000 after buying an additional 453,259 shares in the last quarter. First Trust Advisors LP bought a new position in Textron during the third quarter valued at approximately $26,015,000. Primecap Management Co. CA lifted its position in Textron by 7.6% during the third quarter. Primecap Management Co. CA now owns 4,985,260 shares of the aerospace company’s stock valued at $356,297,000 after purchasing an additional 353,242 shares during the period. JPMorgan Chase & Co. lifted its position in Textron by 117.3% during the third quarter. JPMorgan Chase & Co. now owns 620,660 shares of the aerospace company’s stock valued at $44,357,000 after purchasing an additional 335,095 shares during the period. Finally, AQR Capital Management LLC lifted its position in Textron by 42.1% during the third quarter. AQR Capital Management LLC now owns 1,127,817 shares of the aerospace company’s stock valued at $80,605,000 after purchasing an additional 333,893 shares during the period. Institutional investors and hedge funds own 83.69% of the company’s stock.
Textron Inc operates in the aircraft, defense, industrial, and finance businesses worldwide. The company's Textron Aviation segment manufactures and sells business jets, turboprop and piston engine aircraft, and military trainer and defense aircraft; and commercial parts, as well as provides maintenance, inspection, and repair services.
Recommended Story: How to Profit and Limit Losses With Stop Orders
Receive News & Ratings for Textron Inc Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for Textron Inc and related companies with MarketBeat.com's FREE daily email newsletter.