A number of research firms have changed their ratings and price targets for Axcelis Technologies (NASDAQ: ACLS):
- 5/9/2019 – Axcelis Technologies had its “buy” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Benchmark Co.. They now have a $26.00 price target on the stock.
- 5/8/2019 – Axcelis Technologies was downgraded by analysts at Northland Securities from an “outperform” rating to a “market perform” rating.
- 5/7/2019 – Axcelis Technologies was upgraded by analysts at BidaskClub from a “sell” rating to a “hold” rating.
- 5/4/2019 – Axcelis Technologies was upgraded by analysts at ValuEngine from a “hold” rating to a “buy” rating.
- 4/9/2019 – Axcelis Technologies was downgraded by analysts at Zacks Investment Research from a “hold” rating to a “sell” rating. According to Zacks, “Axcelis Technologies is a leading producer of ion implantation equipment used in the fabrication of semiconductors. The company also produces dry strip, photostabilization and rapid thermal processing equipment, which is used in semiconductor manufacturing primarily before and after the ion implantation process. In addition, the company provides extensive aftermarket service and support, including spare parts, equipment upgrades, maintenance services and customer training. “
Axcelis Technologies stock opened at $16.66 on Thursday. Axcelis Technologies Inc has a 52 week low of $15.46 and a 52 week high of $25.17. The company has a current ratio of 5.76, a quick ratio of 3.73 and a debt-to-equity ratio of 0.12. The company has a market cap of $550.10 million, a price-to-earnings ratio of 12.72 and a beta of 1.18.
Axcelis Technologies (NASDAQ:ACLS) last posted its earnings results on Tuesday, May 7th. The semiconductor company reported $0.18 EPS for the quarter, topping the Thomson Reuters’ consensus estimate of $0.11 by $0.07. Axcelis Technologies had a net margin of 9.23% and a return on equity of 9.11%. The firm had revenue of $91.48 million for the quarter, compared to analysts’ expectations of $93.05 million. During the same quarter last year, the firm earned $0.41 EPS. The company’s quarterly revenue was down 25.1% compared to the same quarter last year. As a group, sell-side analysts expect that Axcelis Technologies Inc will post 0.52 earnings per share for the current fiscal year.
Hedge funds have recently modified their holdings of the company. BlackRock Inc. grew its stake in Axcelis Technologies by 1.0% in the 1st quarter. BlackRock Inc. now owns 4,833,927 shares of the semiconductor company’s stock valued at $97,258,000 after buying an additional 48,255 shares in the last quarter. Dimensional Fund Advisors LP grew its stake in Axcelis Technologies by 4.2% in the 1st quarter. Dimensional Fund Advisors LP now owns 2,382,070 shares of the semiconductor company’s stock valued at $47,927,000 after buying an additional 96,135 shares in the last quarter. Vanguard Group Inc grew its stake in Axcelis Technologies by 0.5% in the 3rd quarter. Vanguard Group Inc now owns 1,957,527 shares of the semiconductor company’s stock valued at $38,465,000 after buying an additional 10,175 shares in the last quarter. Vanguard Group Inc. grew its stake in Axcelis Technologies by 0.5% in the 3rd quarter. Vanguard Group Inc. now owns 1,957,527 shares of the semiconductor company’s stock valued at $38,465,000 after buying an additional 10,175 shares in the last quarter. Finally, Royce & Associates LP purchased a new position in Axcelis Technologies in the 4th quarter valued at approximately $14,979,000. Institutional investors own 83.19% of the company’s stock.
Axcelis Technologies, Inc designs, manufactures, and services ion implantation and other processing equipment used in the fabrication of semiconductor chips worldwide. The company offers a line of high energy, high current, and medium current implanters for various application requirements. It also provides curing systems and thermal processing systems.
Featured Article: Swap
Receive News & Ratings for Axcelis Technologies Inc Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for Axcelis Technologies Inc and related companies with MarketBeat.com's FREE daily email newsletter.