A number of research firms have changed their ratings and price targets for Illinois Tool Works (NYSE: ITW):
- 5/10/2019 – Illinois Tool Works had its price target raised by analysts at UBS Group AG from $137.00 to $150.00. They now have a “neutral” rating on the stock.
- 4/26/2019 – Illinois Tool Works was given a new $134.00 price target on by analysts at Morgan Stanley. They now have a “sell” rating on the stock.
- 4/26/2019 – Illinois Tool Works was upgraded by analysts at JPMorgan Chase & Co. from an “underweight” rating to a “neutral” rating. They now have a $144.00 price target on the stock, up previously from $120.00.
- 4/26/2019 – Illinois Tool Works was given a new $161.00 price target on by analysts at Citigroup Inc. They now have a “hold” rating on the stock.
- 4/26/2019 – Illinois Tool Works had its price target raised by analysts at Argus from $145.00 to $165.00. They now have a “buy” rating on the stock.
- 4/16/2019 – Illinois Tool Works had its price target raised by analysts at Stifel Nicolaus from $137.00 to $145.00. They now have a “hold” rating on the stock.
- 4/8/2019 – Illinois Tool Works was downgraded by analysts at Zacks Investment Research from a “hold” rating to a “sell” rating. According to Zacks, “In the past three months, Illinois Tool's shares have underperformed the industry. Continued weakness in the company's top-line performance might be detrimental. Revenues in fourth-quarter 2018 were down 1.4% year over year. Organic sales declined 2% for international operations while softness in auto builds in China and Europe adversely impacted organic sales of the Automotive OEM segment. Also, Product Line Simplification initiatives adversely impacted revenues. For 2019, the company expects organic revenue growth of 1-3%, down from previously stated 2-4% mainly due to weakness in auto builds and demand for semiconductor-related products. Total revenues are expected to be $14.8-$15 billion, down from $14.9-$15.1 billion mentioned earlier. Also, material cost inflation, tariffs and forex woes (to lower earnings by 20 cents per share in 2019) remain concerning. Earnings estimates for 2019 have been revised down in the past 60 days.”
Shares of ITW traded down $0.69 during midday trading on Friday, reaching $151.78. The company had a trading volume of 44,353 shares, compared to its average volume of 1,316,107. Illinois Tool Works Inc. has a 1-year low of $117.75 and a 1-year high of $158.69. The company has a market capitalization of $49.12 billion, a PE ratio of 19.97, a price-to-earnings-growth ratio of 2.47 and a beta of 1.21. The company has a quick ratio of 1.19, a current ratio of 1.53 and a debt-to-equity ratio of 1.87.
Illinois Tool Works (NYSE:ITW) last issued its earnings results on Thursday, April 25th. The industrial products company reported $1.81 earnings per share (EPS) for the quarter, topping analysts’ consensus estimates of $1.80 by $0.01. Illinois Tool Works had a return on equity of 72.74% and a net margin of 17.21%. The business had revenue of $3.55 billion during the quarter, compared to the consensus estimate of $3.64 billion. During the same period last year, the company earned $1.90 EPS. The company’s revenue for the quarter was down 5.1% on a year-over-year basis. As a group, equities analysts anticipate that Illinois Tool Works Inc. will post 7.94 earnings per share for the current fiscal year.
In related news, EVP John R. Hartnett sold 14,323 shares of the firm’s stock in a transaction dated Thursday, May 2nd. The stock was sold at an average price of $153.55, for a total transaction of $2,199,296.65. Following the completion of the sale, the executive vice president now directly owns 31,695 shares of the company’s stock, valued at approximately $4,866,767.25. The sale was disclosed in a filing with the Securities & Exchange Commission, which can be accessed through the SEC website. Also, EVP Juan Valls sold 52,265 shares of the firm’s stock in a transaction dated Tuesday, February 19th. The stock was sold at an average price of $142.41, for a total value of $7,443,058.65. Following the sale, the executive vice president now directly owns 78,620 shares of the company’s stock, valued at $11,196,274.20. The disclosure for this sale can be found here. Insiders sold a total of 110,142 shares of company stock valued at $15,992,093 over the last ninety days. Corporate insiders own 0.87% of the company’s stock.
Several large investors have recently modified their holdings of the stock. Pearl River Capital LLC purchased a new position in shares of Illinois Tool Works in the 4th quarter valued at about $25,000. Golden State Wealth Management LLC purchased a new stake in Illinois Tool Works during the first quarter worth approximately $25,000. Rational Advisors LLC lifted its stake in Illinois Tool Works by 1,492.3% during the fourth quarter. Rational Advisors LLC now owns 207 shares of the industrial products company’s stock worth $26,000 after purchasing an additional 194 shares during the last quarter. WP Advisors LLC purchased a new stake in Illinois Tool Works during the first quarter worth approximately $28,000. Finally, Mark Sheptoff Financial Planning LLC lifted its stake in Illinois Tool Works by 512.8% during the first quarter. Mark Sheptoff Financial Planning LLC now owns 239 shares of the industrial products company’s stock worth $34,000 after purchasing an additional 200 shares during the last quarter. 78.58% of the stock is owned by hedge funds and other institutional investors.
Illinois Tool Works Inc manufactures and sells industrial products and equipment worldwide. It operates through seven segments: Automotive OEM; Food Equipment; Test & Measurement and Electronics; Welding; Polymers & Fluids; Construction Products; and Specialty Products. The Automotive OEM segment offers plastic and metal components, fasteners, and assemblies for automobiles, light trucks, and other industrial uses.
Recommended Story: How is Preferred Stock Different from Common Stock?
Receive News & Ratings for Illinois Tool Works Inc Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for Illinois Tool Works Inc and related companies with MarketBeat.com's FREE daily email newsletter.