Namecoin (CURRENCY:NMC) traded down 11.9% against the dollar during the 24 hour period ending at 10:00 AM ET on May 20th. In the last week, Namecoin has traded 26% higher against the dollar. Namecoin has a market cap of $8.40 million and $8,159.00 worth of Namecoin was traded on exchanges in the last 24 hours. One Namecoin coin can now be bought for about $0.57 or 0.00007385 BTC on popular exchanges including Bitsane, Tux Exchange, Altcoin Trader and Bittylicious.
Here is how other cryptocurrencies have performed in the last 24 hours:
- Bitcoin (BTC) traded 1.9% lower against the dollar and now trades at $7,769.10 or 1.00000000 BTC.
- Bitcoin Cash (BCH) traded 2.8% lower against the dollar and now trades at $395.56 or 0.05097948 BTC.
- Steem (STEEM) traded 3.6% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.35 or 0.00004502 BTC.
- Unobtanium (UNO) traded 1.9% lower against the dollar and now trades at $149.75 or 0.01928270 BTC.
- Crown (CRW) traded 5.2% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.13 or 0.00001690 BTC.
- Counterparty (XCP) traded 28.2% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.76 or 0.00009852 BTC.
- Terracoin (TRC) traded 2.2% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.0370 or 0.00000477 BTC.
- ATBCoin (ATB) traded 0.2% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.0140 or 0.00000180 BTC.
- Zetacoin (ZET) traded down 11% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0026 or 0.00000034 BTC.
- CHIPS (CHIPS) traded flat against the dollar and now trades at $0.0205 or 0.00000392 BTC.
According to CryptoCompare, “It is based on the code of bitcoin and uses the same proof-of-work algorithm. It is limited to 21 million coins. Each Namecoin record consists of a key and a value which can be up to 520 bytes in size. Each key is actually a path, with the namespace preceding the name of the record. The key d/example signifies a record stored in the DNS namespace d with the name example and corresponds to the record for the example.bit website. The content of d/example is expected to conform to the DNS namespace specification. The current fee for a record is 0.01 NMC and records expire after 36000 blocks (~200 days) unless updated or renewed. Namecoins used to purchase records are marked as used and destroyed, as giving the fee to miners would enable larger miners to register names at a significant discount. “
Buying and Selling Namecoin
Namecoin can be bought or sold on the following cryptocurrency exchanges: WEX, Trade By Trade, Bleutrade, SouthXchange, Bittylicious, Tux Exchange, Poloniex, Cryptopia, Livecoin, YoBit, C-Patex, Bitsane, BX Thailand and Altcoin Trader. It is usually not currently possible to buy alternative cryptocurrencies such as Namecoin directly using US dollars. Investors seeking to acquire Namecoin should first buy Ethereum or Bitcoin using an exchange that deals in US dollars such as GDAX, Coinbase or Gemini. Investors can then use their newly-acquired Ethereum or Bitcoin to buy Namecoin using one of the exchanges listed above.
Receive News & Updates for Namecoin Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and updates for Namecoin and related cryptocurrencies with MarketBeat.com's FREE CryptoBeat newsletter.