A number of firms have modified their ratings and price targets on shares of Viking Therapeutics (NASDAQ: VKTX) recently:
- 8/7/2019 – Viking Therapeutics was upgraded by analysts at ValuEngine from a “buy” rating to a “strong-buy” rating.
- 8/6/2019 – Viking Therapeutics was downgraded by analysts at BidaskClub from a “sell” rating to a “strong sell” rating.
- 8/2/2019 – Viking Therapeutics had its “buy” rating reaffirmed by analysts at HC Wainwright. They now have a $31.00 price target on the stock. They wrote, “Valuation and risks to price target achievement. We reiterate our Buy rating and $31 price target. Our peak sales estimates for VK2806 and VK5211 are based on our U.S. projections, and believe overall that peak sales could be conservative because of the size of the addressable markets, the continuing unmet medical need, and no projections for ex-U.S. sales currently. Our price target is based on our clinical net present value (NPV) model, which allows us to flex multiple assumptions affecting a drug’s potential commercial profile.””
- 8/1/2019 – Viking Therapeutics was upgraded by analysts at ValuEngine from a “hold” rating to a “buy” rating.
- 7/16/2019 – Viking Therapeutics is now covered by analysts at CIBC. They set an “outperform” rating and a $12.00 price target on the stock.
- 7/16/2019 – Viking Therapeutics is now covered by analysts at Oppenheimer Holdings Inc.. They set an “outperform” rating and a $12.00 price target on the stock.
- 7/15/2019 – Viking Therapeutics is now covered by analysts at Citigroup Inc. They set an “outperform” rating on the stock.
- 6/25/2019 – Viking Therapeutics is now covered by analysts at Stifel Nicolaus. They set a “buy” rating and a $14.00 price target on the stock.
Viking Therapeutics stock opened at $6.87 on Thursday. The firm has a market cap of $496.08 million, a PE ratio of -17.18 and a beta of 2.29. Viking Therapeutics Inc has a 1-year low of $6.68 and a 1-year high of $24.00. The stock has a fifty day simple moving average of $7.88.
Viking Therapeutics (NASDAQ:VKTX) last issued its earnings results on Thursday, August 1st. The biotechnology company reported ($0.11) earnings per share (EPS) for the quarter, missing the Zacks’ consensus estimate of ($0.09) by ($0.02). Research analysts predict that Viking Therapeutics Inc will post -0.46 earnings per share for the current fiscal year.
Viking Therapeutics, Inc, a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company, focuses on the development of novel therapies for metabolic and endocrine disorders. Its lead drug candidate is VK2809, an orally available tissue and receptor-subtype selective agonist of the thyroid hormone receptor beta, which is in Phase II clinical trials to treat patients with non-alcoholic fatty liver disease and elevated low-density lipoprotein cholesterol.
See Also: Why do analysts give a neutral rating?
Receive News & Ratings for Viking Therapeutics Inc Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for Viking Therapeutics Inc and related companies with MarketBeat.com's FREE daily email newsletter.