Namecoin (CURRENCY:NMC) traded 4.3% higher against the dollar during the 1-day period ending at 22:00 PM Eastern on October 5th. Namecoin has a total market cap of $6.73 million and $4,139.00 worth of Namecoin was traded on exchanges in the last 24 hours. One Namecoin coin can currently be purchased for approximately $0.46 or 0.00005615 BTC on major cryptocurrency exchanges including Altcoin Trader, Cryptopia, SouthXchange and Bleutrade. During the last seven days, Namecoin has traded 11.3% higher against the dollar.
Here’s how related cryptocurrencies have performed during the last 24 hours:
- Bitcoin (BTC) traded 0.9% lower against the dollar and now trades at $8,117.65 or 1.00000000 BTC.
- Bitcoin Cash (BCH) traded down 0.5% against the dollar and now trades at $222.30 or 0.02744938 BTC.
- Steem (STEEM) traded 0.5% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.14 or 0.00001769 BTC.
- Unobtanium (UNO) traded 18.8% lower against the dollar and now trades at $30.59 or 0.00376129 BTC.
- Counterparty (XCP) traded 2.4% lower against the dollar and now trades at $1.69 or 0.00020742 BTC.
- Crown (CRW) traded 4.7% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.0473 or 0.00000582 BTC.
- PIXEL (PXL) traded 2.2% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.0148 or 0.00000182 BTC.
- Terracoin (TRC) traded 3.6% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.0220 or 0.00000270 BTC.
- CHIPS (CHIPS) traded flat against the dollar and now trades at $0.0205 or 0.00000392 BTC.
- UnbreakableCoin (UNB) traded flat against the dollar and now trades at $0.11 or 0.00001757 BTC.
Namecoin Coin Profile
According to CryptoCompare, “It is based on the code of bitcoin and uses the same proof-of-work algorithm. It is limited to 21 million coins. Each Namecoin record consists of a key and a value which can be up to 520 bytes in size. Each key is actually a path, with the namespace preceding the name of the record. The key d/example signifies a record stored in the DNS namespace d with the name example and corresponds to the record for the example.bit website. The content of d/example is expected to conform to the DNS namespace specification. The current fee for a record is 0.01 NMC and records expire after 36000 blocks (~200 days) unless updated or renewed. Namecoins used to purchase records are marked as used and destroyed, as giving the fee to miners would enable larger miners to register names at a significant discount. “
Namecoin Coin Trading
Namecoin can be purchased on these cryptocurrency exchanges: Trade By Trade, WEX, Bittylicious, Bitsane, Bleutrade, C-Patex, SouthXchange, Cryptopia, Poloniex, Livecoin, Tux Exchange, BX Thailand, YoBit and Altcoin Trader. It is usually not currently possible to buy alternative cryptocurrencies such as Namecoin directly using US dollars. Investors seeking to acquire Namecoin should first buy Ethereum or Bitcoin using an exchange that deals in US dollars such as Changelly, GDAX or Gemini. Investors can then use their newly-acquired Ethereum or Bitcoin to buy Namecoin using one of the exchanges listed above.
Receive News & Updates for Namecoin Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and updates for Namecoin and related cryptocurrencies with MarketBeat.com's FREE CryptoBeat newsletter.