Xylem (NYSE: XYL) recently received a number of ratings updates from brokerages and research firms:
- 11/4/2019 – Xylem was downgraded by analysts at Seaport Global Securities from a “buy” rating to a “neutral” rating.
- 11/1/2019 – Xylem was given a new $78.00 price target on by analysts at Credit Suisse Group AG. They now have a “hold” rating on the stock.
- 11/1/2019 – Xylem was downgraded by analysts at Cfra from a “buy” rating to a “hold” rating.
- 11/1/2019 – Xylem was given a new $79.00 price target on by analysts at Royal Bank of Canada. They now have a “buy” rating on the stock.
- 10/15/2019 – Xylem had its “buy” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Seaport Global Securities.
- 10/14/2019 – Xylem was downgraded by analysts at Zacks Investment Research from a “hold” rating to a “sell” rating. They now have a $82.00 price target on the stock. According to Zacks, “Xylem believes that solid sales in utilities and commercial end markets will aid top-line performance in the quarters ahead. Also, solid contract wins and healthy backlog will be beneficial. Further, its policy of rewarding shareholders handsomely through dividend payments and share buyback adds to its competitive appeal. However, the company expects to witness headwinds in residential and industrial end markets. For 2019, it lowered revenue projection from the earlier $5.3-$5.4 billion to $5.29-$5.38 billion. Also, adjusted earnings per share are predicted to be $3.12-$3.22 compared with $3.12-$3.32 mentioned earlier. In addition, high debts, forex woes and weak margins might be detrimental for Xylem. In the past three months, the company's shares have underperformed the industry and also look comparatively overvalued.”
- 9/20/2019 – Xylem is now covered by analysts at Jefferies Financial Group Inc. They set a “buy” rating and a $90.00 price target on the stock.
XYL stock traded up $1.04 on Friday, hitting $77.55. 810,237 shares of the company were exchanged, compared to its average volume of 838,762. Xylem Inc has a twelve month low of $60.65 and a twelve month high of $85.67. The company has a debt-to-equity ratio of 0.70, a current ratio of 1.55 and a quick ratio of 1.15. The business’s fifty day moving average is $78.62 and its two-hundred day moving average is $78.73. The stock has a market capitalization of $13.80 billion, a price-to-earnings ratio of 26.93, a price-to-earnings-growth ratio of 1.54 and a beta of 1.18.
Xylem (NYSE:XYL) last issued its quarterly earnings results on Thursday, October 31st. The industrial products company reported $0.82 EPS for the quarter, hitting the consensus estimate of $0.82. Xylem had a net margin of 9.65% and a return on equity of 19.14%. The firm had revenue of $1.30 billion during the quarter, compared to analyst estimates of $1.33 billion. During the same quarter in the prior year, the business posted $0.77 earnings per share. Xylem’s revenue for the quarter was up .7% compared to the same quarter last year. Equities research analysts expect that Xylem Inc will post 3.02 earnings per share for the current year.
In other news, SVP Colin R. Sabol sold 4,099 shares of the stock in a transaction on Tuesday, October 1st. The shares were sold at an average price of $78.37, for a total value of $321,238.63. Following the completion of the sale, the senior vice president now owns 33,518 shares of the company’s stock, valued at $2,626,805.66. The transaction was disclosed in a document filed with the Securities & Exchange Commission, which is available through this hyperlink. Also, SVP Kenneth Napolitano sold 5,000 shares of the stock in a transaction on Monday, September 9th. The stock was sold at an average price of $77.49, for a total transaction of $387,450.00. Following the completion of the sale, the senior vice president now directly owns 46,228 shares of the company’s stock, valued at approximately $3,582,207.72. The disclosure for this sale can be found here. Insiders have sold 16,959 shares of company stock valued at $1,313,986 in the last ninety days. 0.85% of the stock is currently owned by company insiders.
Institutional investors have recently added to or reduced their stakes in the company. Commonwealth Bank of Australia boosted its stake in shares of Xylem by 27.3% in the second quarter. Commonwealth Bank of Australia now owns 2,502 shares of the industrial products company’s stock valued at $207,000 after purchasing an additional 536 shares during the period. Livforsakringsbolaget Skandia Omsesidigt boosted its stake in shares of Xylem by 48.8% in the second quarter. Livforsakringsbolaget Skandia Omsesidigt now owns 2,438 shares of the industrial products company’s stock valued at $204,000 after purchasing an additional 800 shares during the period. Carnegie Capital Asset Management LLC purchased a new position in shares of Xylem in the second quarter valued at $356,000. Ardevora Asset Management LLP boosted its stake in shares of Xylem by 3.4% in the second quarter. Ardevora Asset Management LLP now owns 513,400 shares of the industrial products company’s stock valued at $42,941,000 after purchasing an additional 16,800 shares during the period. Finally, Migdal Insurance & Financial Holdings Ltd. purchased a new position in shares of Xylem in the second quarter valued at $250,000. 84.94% of the stock is owned by institutional investors.
Xylem Inc engages in the design, manufacture, and servicing of engineered products and solutions for the water and wastewater applications. It operates in three segments: Water Infrastructure, Applied Water, and Measurement & Control Solutions. The Water Infrastructure segment offers various products, including water and wastewater pumps; controls and systems; filtration, disinfection, and biological treatment equipment; and mobile dewatering equipment under the Flygt, Godwin, Wedeco, Sanitaire, and Leopold names for the transportation and treatment of water.
Featured Story: How Do You Calculate Return on Equity (ROE)?
Receive News & Ratings for Xylem Inc Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for Xylem Inc and related companies with MarketBeat.com's FREE daily email newsletter.