News coverage about EASYJET PLC/S (OTCMKTS:ESYJY) has trended somewhat negative on Friday, InfoTrie Sentiment reports. The research group ranks the sentiment of press coverage by reviewing more than 6,000 news and blog sources in real time. The firm ranks coverage of public companies on a scale of -5 to 5, with scores nearest to five being the most favorable. EASYJET PLC/S earned a daily sentiment score of -1.58 on their scale. InfoTrie also gave media headlines about the company an news buzz score of 10 out of 10, meaning that recent press coverage is extremely likely to have an impact on the company’s share price in the immediate future.
Here are some of the media stories that may have impacted EASYJET PLC/S’s score:
- EasyJet says it will be first major airline to operate net-zero carbon flights (msn.com)
- Somewhat Critical Press Coverage Extremely Likely to Impact EASYJET PLC/S (OTCMKTS:ESYJY) Stock Price (americanbankingnews.com)
- Low Cost Airlines Market Is Booming Worldwide | Philippines AirAsia, Virgin, Norwegian, EasyJet, Jetstar (marketwatch.com)
- European airline easyJet says it will be net-zero emissions. But Greenpeace calls that ‘jumbo-size greenwash.’ (chicagotribune.com)
- EASYJET PLC/S (OTCMKTS:ESYJY) Stock Rating Upgraded by Barclays (americanbankingnews.com)
Several analysts have recently weighed in on the company. Bank of America assumed coverage on EASYJET PLC/S in a report on Tuesday, October 1st. They set a “neutral” rating on the stock. Goldman Sachs Group initiated coverage on EASYJET PLC/S in a report on Tuesday. They issued a “sell” rating on the stock. Kepler Capital Markets cut EASYJET PLC/S from a “hold” rating to a “reduce” rating in a report on Tuesday, September 3rd. Barclays upgraded EASYJET PLC/S from an “underweight” rating to an “equal weight” rating in a report on Wednesday. Finally, HSBC upgraded EASYJET PLC/S from a “hold” rating to a “buy” rating in a report on Monday, September 23rd. Three investment analysts have rated the stock with a sell rating, four have given a hold rating and three have issued a buy rating to the company’s stock. EASYJET PLC/S presently has a consensus rating of “Hold”.
About EASYJET PLC/S
easyJet Plc engages in the provision of passenger airline and carrier services. Its principal activities include airline operations and aircraft trading and leasing. The company was founded by Stelios Haji-Ioannou in March 1995 and is headquartered in Luton, the United Kingdom.
See Also: What are earnings reports?
Receive News & Ratings for EASYJET PLC/S Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for EASYJET PLC/S and related companies with MarketBeat.com's FREE daily email newsletter.