Zcash (CURRENCY:ZEC) traded 6.3% lower against the dollar during the 1 day period ending at 20:00 PM Eastern on November 21st. One Zcash coin can currently be bought for about $31.75 or 0.00413566 BTC on cryptocurrency exchanges including Liquid, Bitinka, Bit-Z and BTC-Alpha. In the last seven days, Zcash has traded down 12.6% against the dollar. Zcash has a market capitalization of $250.92 million and approximately $177.15 million worth of Zcash was traded on exchanges in the last day.
Here’s how related cryptocurrencies have performed in the last day:
- Bitcoin Gold (BTG) traded down 5.8% against the dollar and now trades at $7.01 or 0.00091335 BTC.
- Horizen (ZEN) traded 4.6% lower against the dollar and now trades at $5.38 or 0.00070135 BTC.
- ZClassic (ZCL) traded 5.2% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.33 or 0.00004325 BTC.
- Zero (ZER) traded up 3.7% against the dollar and now trades at $0.12 or 0.00001547 BTC.
- BitcoinZ (BTCZ) traded up 33.9% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0001 or 0.00000002 BTC.
- Bitcoin Private (BTCP) traded up 4.1% against the dollar and now trades at $0.12 or 0.00001618 BTC.
- CrypticCoin (CRYP) traded 10.6% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.0002 or 0.00000003 BTC.
- Hush (HUSH) traded 5.7% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.0672 or 0.00000876 BTC.
- Bitcoin Interest (BCI) traded down 13.1% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0237 or 0.00000309 BTC.
- Bitgem (BTG) traded flat against the dollar and now trades at $2.79 or 0.00034116 BTC.
According to CryptoCompare, “zk-SNARKsThe BasicZcash is the first widespread application of zk-SNARKs, a novel form of zero-knowledge cryptography. The strong privacy guarantee of Zcash is derived from the fact that shielded transactions in Zcash can be fully encrypted on the blockchain, yet still be verified as valid under the network’s consensus rules by using zk-SNARK proofs. The acronym zk-SNARK stands for “Zero-Knowledge Succinct Non-Interactive Argument of Knowledge,” and refers to a proof construction where one can prove possession of certain information, e.g. a secret key, without revealing that information, and without any interaction between the prover and verifier. “Zero-knowledge” proofs allow one party (the prover) to prove to another (the verifier) that a statement is true, without revealing any information beyond the validity of the statement itself. For example, given the hash of a random number, the prover could convince the verifier that there indeed exists a number with this hash value, without revealing what it is. Application to ZCASHIn order to have zero-knowledge privacy in Zcash, the function determining the validity of a transaction according to the network’s consensus rules must return the answer of whether the transaction is valid or not, without revealing any of the information it performed the calculations on. This is done by encoding some of the network's consensus rules in zk-SNARKs. At a high level, zk-SNARKs work by first turning what you want to prove into an equivalent form about knowing a solution to some algebraic equations. In the following section, we give a brief overview of how the rules for determining a valid transaction get transformed into equations that can then be evaluated on a candidate solution without revealing any sensitive information to the parties verifying the equations. “
Zcash Coin Trading
Zcash can be purchased on these cryptocurrency exchanges: C2CX, OKEx, Instant Bitex, Allcoin, Crex24, Bittrex, BTC-Alpha, Coinut, BitBay, Huobi, Bitinka, CEX.IO, Exmo, Gemini, Bit-Z, Cryptohub, BX Thailand, BiteBTC, LiteBit.eu, Coinrail, Cryptomate, YoBit, OTCBTC, BigONE, CoinExchange, Bithumb, BTC Trade UA, Altcoin Trader, CoinEx, Kraken, Waves Decentralized Exchange, Coinroom, HitBTC, Kuna, Tux Exchange, Bitfinex, Mercatox, Trade Satoshi, Poloniex, GOPAX, Binance, Cryptopia, LocalTrade, Ovis, Gate.io, Sistemkoin, Liquid, Upbit, WEX, Bitlish, Graviex, LBank, BCEX and Braziliex. It is usually not presently possible to purchase alternative cryptocurrencies such as Zcash directly using U.S. dollars. Investors seeking to trade Zcash should first purchase Ethereum or Bitcoin using an exchange that deals in U.S. dollars such as Changelly, Gemini or GDAX. Investors can then use their newly-acquired Ethereum or Bitcoin to purchase Zcash using one of the exchanges listed above.
Receive News & Updates for Zcash Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and updates for Zcash and related cryptocurrencies with MarketBeat.com's FREE CryptoBeat newsletter.