Namecoin (CURRENCY:NMC) traded 0.8% higher against the US dollar during the twenty-four hour period ending at 14:00 PM ET on December 7th. Over the last seven days, Namecoin has traded 2.7% higher against the US dollar. One Namecoin coin can currently be bought for $0.42 or 0.00005521 BTC on popular cryptocurrency exchanges including Altcoin Trader, YoBit, Poloniex and Bittylicious. Namecoin has a total market cap of $6.15 million and $678.00 worth of Namecoin was traded on exchanges in the last 24 hours.
Here’s how similar cryptocurrencies have performed over the last 24 hours:
- Bitcoin (BTC) traded 1.5% higher against the dollar and now trades at $7,572.03 or 1.00000000 BTC.
- Bitcoin Cash (BCH) traded up 0.7% against the dollar and now trades at $213.88 or 0.02831138 BTC.
- Steem (STEEM) traded 0.5% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.12 or 0.00001599 BTC.
- Unobtanium (UNO) traded up 21.6% against the dollar and now trades at $49.15 or 0.00649214 BTC.
- Counterparty (XCP) traded up 0% against the dollar and now trades at $1.47 or 0.00019463 BTC.
- Terracoin (TRC) traded up 1.8% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0754 or 0.00000999 BTC.
- Color Platform (CLR) traded down 6.3% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0093 or 0.00000123 BTC.
- Crown (CRW) traded up 0.2% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0430 or 0.00000568 BTC.
- PIXEL (PXL) traded up 9.6% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0177 or 0.00000234 BTC.
- CHIPS (CHIPS) traded flat against the dollar and now trades at $0.0205 or 0.00000392 BTC.
Namecoin Coin Profile
According to CryptoCompare, “It is based on the code of bitcoin and uses the same proof-of-work algorithm. It is limited to 21 million coins. Each Namecoin record consists of a key and a value which can be up to 520 bytes in size. Each key is actually a path, with the namespace preceding the name of the record. The key d/example signifies a record stored in the DNS namespace d with the name example and corresponds to the record for the example.bit website. The content of d/example is expected to conform to the DNS namespace specification. The current fee for a record is 0.01 NMC and records expire after 36000 blocks (~200 days) unless updated or renewed. Namecoins used to purchase records are marked as used and destroyed, as giving the fee to miners would enable larger miners to register names at a significant discount. “
Buying and Selling Namecoin
Namecoin can be purchased on the following cryptocurrency exchanges: Bleutrade, Bittylicious, Poloniex, Tux Exchange, Trade By Trade, YoBit, Bitsane, Altcoin Trader, WEX, SouthXchange, C-Patex, Livecoin, BX Thailand and Cryptopia. It is usually not presently possible to buy alternative cryptocurrencies such as Namecoin directly using U.S. dollars. Investors seeking to acquire Namecoin should first buy Bitcoin or Ethereum using an exchange that deals in U.S. dollars such as Changelly, Coinbase or Gemini. Investors can then use their newly-acquired Bitcoin or Ethereum to buy Namecoin using one of the exchanges listed above.
Receive News & Updates for Namecoin Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and updates for Namecoin and related cryptocurrencies with MarketBeat.com's FREE CryptoBeat newsletter.