News articles about Rio Tinto (OTCMKTS:RTNTF) have trended somewhat positive recently, according to InfoTrie. The research firm identifies negative and positive news coverage by reviewing more than six thousand news and blog sources in real-time. The firm ranks coverage of public companies on a scale of negative five to five, with scores nearest to five being the most favorable. Rio Tinto earned a daily sentiment score of 1.76 on their scale. InfoTrie also gave news stories about the company an news buzz score of 0 out of 10, indicating that recent news coverage is extremely unlikely to have an impact on the company’s share price in the next several days.
These are some of the media headlines that may have effected Rio Tinto’s analysis:
- Rio Tinto (OTCMKTS:RTNTF) Receives Daily Media Sentiment Rating of 2.57 (americanbankingnews.com)
- Rio Tinto now the brownest of global miners (afr.com)
- Rio Tinto shuts South Africa unit Richards Bay Minerals over rising violence (theaustralian.com.au)
- Rio Tinto To Curtail Operations At Richards Bay Minerals, South Africa (markets.businessinsider.com)
- Rio Tinto shares dip as violence disrupts (news.com.au)
RTNTF stock remained flat at $$63.02 during midday trading on Tuesday. Rio Tinto has a 12 month low of $51.75 and a 12 month high of $74.50. The stock has a fifty day moving average of $62.69 and a two-hundred day moving average of $64.53.
Rio Tinto Group engages in finding, mining, and processing mineral resources worldwide. The company offers aluminium, silver, molybdenum, copper, diamonds, gold, borates, titanium dioxide, salt, iron ore, and uranium. It is also involved in the alumina production; primary aluminium smelting; bauxite mining; alumina refining; and ilmenite mining, as well as provision of gypsum.
Featured Story: What is the Bid-Ask Spread?
Receive News & Ratings for Rio Tinto Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for Rio Tinto and related companies with MarketBeat.com's FREE daily email newsletter.