Namecoin (CURRENCY:NMC) traded up 0.3% against the US dollar during the 1 day period ending at 0:00 AM E.T. on December 12th. One Namecoin coin can currently be bought for $0.42 or 0.00005754 BTC on major cryptocurrency exchanges including Bleutrade, Bitsane, Altcoin Trader and Livecoin. Over the last week, Namecoin has traded 2.2% lower against the US dollar. Namecoin has a market cap of $6.13 million and $3,187.00 worth of Namecoin was traded on exchanges in the last day.
Here is how similar cryptocurrencies have performed over the last day:
- Bitcoin (BTC) traded up 0.4% against the dollar and now trades at $7,238.43 or 1.00000000 BTC.
- Bitcoin Cash (BCH) traded 0.6% higher against the dollar and now trades at $207.81 or 0.02873794 BTC.
- Steem (STEEM) traded up 1.2% against the dollar and now trades at $0.13 or 0.00001861 BTC.
- Unobtanium (UNO) traded 0.1% lower against the dollar and now trades at $41.30 or 0.00571067 BTC.
- Counterparty (XCP) traded up 1.6% against the dollar and now trades at $1.48 or 0.00020444 BTC.
- Terracoin (TRC) traded 3.1% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.0786 or 0.00001088 BTC.
- Color Platform (CLR) traded down 9.2% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0086 or 0.00000119 BTC.
- Crown (CRW) traded 5.1% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.0384 or 0.00000531 BTC.
- PIXEL (PXL) traded up 0.9% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0191 or 0.00000265 BTC.
- CHIPS (CHIPS) traded flat against the dollar and now trades at $0.0205 or 0.00000392 BTC.
Namecoin Coin Profile
According to CryptoCompare, “It is based on the code of bitcoin and uses the same proof-of-work algorithm. It is limited to 21 million coins. Each Namecoin record consists of a key and a value which can be up to 520 bytes in size. Each key is actually a path, with the namespace preceding the name of the record. The key d/example signifies a record stored in the DNS namespace d with the name example and corresponds to the record for the example.bit website. The content of d/example is expected to conform to the DNS namespace specification. The current fee for a record is 0.01 NMC and records expire after 36000 blocks (~200 days) unless updated or renewed. Namecoins used to purchase records are marked as used and destroyed, as giving the fee to miners would enable larger miners to register names at a significant discount. “
Namecoin Coin Trading
Namecoin can be purchased on these cryptocurrency exchanges: Trade By Trade, Tux Exchange, Cryptopia, SouthXchange, WEX, Altcoin Trader, Bleutrade, BX Thailand, Bitsane, Livecoin, Bittylicious, Poloniex, C-Patex and YoBit. It is usually not presently possible to purchase alternative cryptocurrencies such as Namecoin directly using US dollars. Investors seeking to trade Namecoin should first purchase Ethereum or Bitcoin using an exchange that deals in US dollars such as Changelly, Gemini or GDAX. Investors can then use their newly-acquired Ethereum or Bitcoin to purchase Namecoin using one of the exchanges listed above.
Receive News & Updates for Namecoin Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and updates for Namecoin and related cryptocurrencies with MarketBeat.com's FREE CryptoBeat newsletter.