Namecoin (CURRENCY:NMC) traded down 0.4% against the U.S. dollar during the one day period ending at 13:00 PM E.T. on July 12th. During the last week, Namecoin has traded up 10.4% against the U.S. dollar. One Namecoin coin can currently be purchased for $0.40 or 0.00004342 BTC on major exchanges. Namecoin has a market capitalization of $5.90 million and $2,720.00 worth of Namecoin was traded on exchanges in the last 24 hours.
Here is how similar cryptocurrencies have performed during the last 24 hours:
- Bitcoin (BTC) traded down 0.1% against the dollar and now trades at $9,221.76 or 1.00000000 BTC.
- Bitcoin Cash (BCH) traded down 0.7% against the dollar and now trades at $234.52 or 0.02543095 BTC.
- Steem (STEEM) traded 1.8% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.21 or 0.00002263 BTC.
- Unobtanium (UNO) traded up 0.2% against the dollar and now trades at $62.19 or 0.00674389 BTC.
- Color Platform (CLR) traded 7.2% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.0176 or 0.00000191 BTC.
- Counterparty (XCP) traded down 1.5% against the dollar and now trades at $0.92 or 0.00009991 BTC.
- DAOBet (BET) traded up 11% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0107 or 0.00000116 BTC.
- Crown (CRW) traded down 1.6% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0591 or 0.00000641 BTC.
- Terracoin (TRC) traded up 5% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0512 or 0.00000555 BTC.
- PIXEL (PXL) traded down 0.4% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0127 or 0.00000138 BTC.
According to CryptoCompare, “It is based on the code of bitcoin and uses the same proof-of-work algorithm. It is limited to 21 million coins. Each Namecoin record consists of a key and a value which can be up to 520 bytes in size. Each key is actually a path, with the namespace preceding the name of the record. The key d/example signifies a record stored in the DNS namespace d with the name example and corresponds to the record for the example.bit website. The content of d/example is expected to conform to the DNS namespace specification. The current fee for a record is 0.01 NMC and records expire after 36000 blocks (~200 days) unless updated or renewed. Namecoins used to purchase records are marked as used and destroyed, as giving the fee to miners would enable larger miners to register names at a significant discount. “
Buying and Selling Namecoin
Namecoin can be bought or sold on these cryptocurrency exchanges: . It is usually not possible to purchase alternative cryptocurrencies such as Namecoin directly using U.S. dollars. Investors seeking to acquire Namecoin should first purchase Bitcoin or Ethereum using an exchange that deals in U.S. dollars such as Gemini, Changelly or GDAX. Investors can then use their newly-acquired Bitcoin or Ethereum to purchase Namecoin using one of the exchanges listed above.
Receive News & Updates for Namecoin Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and updates for Namecoin and related cryptocurrencies with MarketBeat.com's FREE CryptoBeat newsletter.