Bitcoin Gold (CURRENCY:BTG) traded up 8.8% against the U.S. dollar during the 24-hour period ending at 0:00 AM Eastern on May 4th. Bitcoin Gold has a total market capitalization of $1.95 billion and approximately $229.23 million worth of Bitcoin Gold was traded on exchanges in the last 24 hours. During the last seven days, Bitcoin Gold has traded 19.1% higher against the U.S. dollar. One Bitcoin Gold coin can now be purchased for about $111.06 or 0.00203009 BTC on exchanges.
Here’s how similar cryptocurrencies have performed during the last 24 hours:
- Zcash (ZEC) traded up 9.5% against the dollar and now trades at $256.93 or 0.00469667 BTC.
- Horizen (ZEN) traded down 0.2% against the dollar and now trades at $113.38 or 0.00207261 BTC.
- Pirate Chain (ARRR) traded down 9.8% against the dollar and now trades at $5.98 or 0.00010938 BTC.
- BitcoinZ (BTCZ) traded 40.1% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.0027 or 0.00000005 BTC.
- Alchemy Pay (ACH) traded 7.2% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.0077 or 0.00000014 BTC.
- Bitcoin Private (BTCP) traded down 14% against the dollar and now trades at $1.69 or 0.00003096 BTC.
- ZClassic (ZCL) traded down 3.9% against the dollar and now trades at $0.48 or 0.00000872 BTC.
- Zero (ZER) traded 7.9% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.38 or 0.00000688 BTC.
- Hush (HUSH) traded down 1.4% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0281 or 0.00000051 BTC.
- Bitcoin Interest (BCI) traded 2% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.0137 or 0.00000025 BTC.
Bitcoin Gold Coin Profile
According to CryptoCompare, “BTG is a cryptocurrency with Bitcoin fundamentals, mined on common GPUs instead of specialty ASICs. This type of equipment tend to monopolize mining to a few big players, but GPU mining means anyone can mine again – restoring decentralization and independence. GPU mining rewards go to individuals worldwide, instead of mostly to ASIC warehouse owners, recreating network effects that Bitcoin used to have. “
Bitcoin Gold Coin Trading
It is usually not currently possible to purchase alternative cryptocurrencies such as Bitcoin Gold directly using US dollars. Investors seeking to trade Bitcoin Gold should first purchase Ethereum or Bitcoin using an exchange that deals in US dollars such as Changelly, Gemini or GDAX. Investors can then use their newly-acquired Ethereum or Bitcoin to purchase Bitcoin Gold using one of the aforementioned exchanges.
Receive News & Updates for Bitcoin Gold Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and updates for Bitcoin Gold and related cryptocurrencies with MarketBeat.com's FREE CryptoBeat newsletter.