XRP (CURRENCY:XRP) traded 2.9% lower against the dollar during the 1-day period ending at 0:00 AM Eastern on May 4th. XRP has a total market capitalization of $64.60 billion and $12.07 billion worth of XRP was traded on exchanges in the last day. During the last seven days, XRP has traded up 1.7% against the dollar. One XRP coin can now be purchased for approximately $1.42 or 0.00002591 BTC on major exchanges.
Here is how similar cryptocurrencies have performed during the last day:
- Tether (USDT) traded 0% higher against the dollar and now trades at $1.00 or 0.00001821 BTC.
- Polkadot (DOT) traded up 0.7% against the dollar and now trades at $36.02 or 0.00065600 BTC.
- Filecoin (FIL) traded 4.4% lower against the dollar and now trades at $146.98 or 0.00267686 BTC.
- Klaytn (KLAY) traded 0.4% higher against the dollar and now trades at $2.33 or 0.00004237 BTC.
- Wrapped BNB (WBNB) traded 2.7% lower against the dollar and now trades at $634.15 or 0.01154963 BTC.
- THORChain (RUNE) traded up 2.7% against the dollar and now trades at $17.79 or 0.00032403 BTC.
- Kusama (KSM) traded 1.7% lower against the dollar and now trades at $397.49 or 0.00723942 BTC.
- Bitcoin BEP2 (BTCB) traded 1.2% lower against the dollar and now trades at $55,017.02 or 1.00201111 BTC.
- KnoxFS (old) (KFX) traded up 4.3% against the dollar and now trades at $19.25 or 0.00049793 BTC.
- Fei Protocol (FEI) traded 0.1% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.98 or 0.00001777 BTC.
According to CryptoCompare, “The Ledger and ConsensusThe Ripple protocol is, at its core, a shared public database. This database includes a ledger, which serves to track accounts and the balances associated with them. The ledger is a distributed database — a perfect, shared record of accounts, balances, and transactions in the Ripple protocol. It is continually and automatically updated by the Ripple Transaction Protocol (RTXP) so that an identical ledger exists on thousands of servers around the world. At any time, anybody can review the ledger and see a record of all activity on the Ripple protocol. When changes are made to the ledger, computers connected to the Ripple protocol will mutually agree to the changes via a process called consensus. The Ripple protocol reaches consensus globally within seconds of a change being made. The consensus finding process is the engineering breakthrough that allows for fast, secure, and decentralized transaction settlement on the Ripple protocol. The World’s First Distributed ExchangeNo one owns or controls the Ripple protocol. It runs on computers around the world, all working together to continually maintain a perfect, shared record of accounts, balances, and transactions. Distributed networks offer many efficiencies over centralized networks. Because the network is “self-clearing”, it eliminates the need for a centralized network operator (and gets rid of the associated layer of fees). Because there is no single point of failure, distributed networks are more reliable. They also tend to be more secure, due to their open source nature. “
XRP Coin Trading
It is usually not possible to purchase alternative cryptocurrencies such as XRP directly using U.S. dollars. Investors seeking to acquire XRP should first purchase Ethereum or Bitcoin using an exchange that deals in U.S. dollars such as GDAX, Coinbase or Gemini. Investors can then use their newly-acquired Ethereum or Bitcoin to purchase XRP using one of the exchanges listed above.
Receive News & Updates for XRP Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and updates for XRP and related cryptocurrencies with MarketBeat.com's FREE CryptoBeat newsletter.