Helium (CURRENCY:HNT) traded 10.4% lower against the US dollar during the one day period ending at 23:00 PM ET on May 16th. Helium has a total market cap of $1.10 billion and $9.09 million worth of Helium was traded on exchanges in the last 24 hours. One Helium coin can now be bought for $13.21 or 0.00030144 BTC on exchanges. During the last week, Helium has traded 22.2% lower against the US dollar.
Here’s how similar cryptocurrencies have performed during the last 24 hours:
- Avalanche (AVAX) traded 5.2% lower against the dollar and now trades at $33.51 or 0.00076484 BTC.
- Algorand (ALGO) traded down 10.9% against the dollar and now trades at $1.31 or 0.00002998 BTC.
- Elrond (EGLD) traded down 9.6% against the dollar and now trades at $145.04 or 0.00331054 BTC.
- NEAR Protocol (NEAR) traded 13.6% lower against the dollar and now trades at $5.31 or 0.00012114 BTC.
- Theta Fuel (TFUEL) traded 3.3% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.32 or 0.00000727 BTC.
- Kava.io (KAVA) traded down 11.8% against the dollar and now trades at $4.65 or 0.00010611 BTC.
- Ardor (ARDR) traded 15.4% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.28 or 0.00000650 BTC.
- Wanchain (WAN) traded 12.8% lower against the dollar and now trades at $1.49 or 0.00003411 BTC.
- Divi (DIVI) traded 5.5% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.0820 or 0.00000187 BTC.
- Energi (NRG) traded down 9.2% against the dollar and now trades at $2.56 or 0.00005849 BTC.
According to CryptoCompare, “With a Helium Hotspot, anyone can earn cryptocurrency by building a wireless network in their city and creating a more connected future. It provides wireless coverage for low power Internet of Things (IoT) devices and earns a new cryptocurrency, Helium, from the users' living room. HNT is mined and distributed to Hotspot Owners, Helium Inc., and Investors. Helium uses algorithm called “Proof-of-Coverage” (PoC) to verify that Hotspots are located where they claim (as established in the assert_location transaction when they are first deployed). There is no pre-mine of HNT, and a max supply of 223M HNT. HNT supply comes from mining with a compatible Hotspot that both mines HNT and creates network coverage for IoT devices. All HNT was mined from genesis, starting at a rate of 5M HNT/month and then halving every 2 years. On August 1st, 2021 the net HNT issuance will be reduced to 2.5M HNT per month. The distribution of HNT changes over time to align incentives with the needs of the network. In the early days, a higher proportion of HNT is allocated to Hotspot owners for building and securing coverage. As the network grows, Hotspots earn more for transferring device data on the network while Helium Inc. and investors earn less. After 20 years, distributions no longer adjust and remain fixed. “
Buying and Selling Helium
It is usually not possible to buy alternative cryptocurrencies such as Helium directly using US dollars. Investors seeking to trade Helium should first buy Bitcoin or Ethereum using an exchange that deals in US dollars such as Changelly, Gemini or Coinbase. Investors can then use their newly-acquired Bitcoin or Ethereum to buy Helium using one of the aforementioned exchanges.
Receive News & Updates for Helium Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and updates for Helium and related cryptocurrencies with MarketBeat.com's FREE CryptoBeat newsletter.