VeriCoin (CURRENCY:VRC) traded down 8.1% against the dollar during the twenty-four hour period ending at 8:00 AM ET on May 17th. One VeriCoin coin can now be bought for about $0.0790 or 0.00000173 BTC on popular cryptocurrency exchanges. VeriCoin has a total market cap of $2.66 million and approximately $7,634.00 worth of VeriCoin was traded on exchanges in the last day. In the last seven days, VeriCoin has traded 25.5% lower against the dollar.
Here’s how other cryptocurrencies have performed in the last day:
- Wrapped Bitcoin (WBTC) traded down 6.8% against the dollar and now trades at $45,663.43 or 1.00220952 BTC.
- Cosmos (ATOM) traded down 8.9% against the dollar and now trades at $23.78 or 0.00052199 BTC.
- Creditcoin (CTC) traded down 8.8% against the dollar and now trades at $5.29 or 0.00011612 BTC.
- Venus (XVS) traded down 29.1% against the dollar and now trades at $87.22 or 0.00191435 BTC.
- Function X (FX) traded 15.3% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.61 or 0.00001341 BTC.
- Darwinia Network (RING) traded 19% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.10 or 0.00000223 BTC.
- Phantasma (SOUL) traded down 3% against the dollar and now trades at $0.43 or 0.00000942 BTC.
- mStable USD (MUSD) traded up 4.5% against the dollar and now trades at $1.02 or 0.00002235 BTC.
- Redd (RDD) traded 1.7% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.0011 or 0.00000008 BTC.
- StableXSwap (STAX) traded 1% lower against the dollar and now trades at $2.22 or 0.00004866 BTC.
According to CryptoCompare, “VRC was designed to reduce the PoW phase and enter PoST phase quickly. With a steady block reward and block time of sixty seconds, the PoW phase finished after the first few weeks of launch – 10/05/2014. The PoST interest rate is dynamic and depends on how much the coin is held and staked in the PoST. The dynamic interest rate is pegged at a sensible level of between 0-3% roughly. The PoST interest is gained through transaction fees which are also distributed to the Vericoin fund – to aid in development and promotion of the currency. There was no premine. “
VeriCoin Coin Trading
It is usually not currently possible to buy alternative cryptocurrencies such as VeriCoin directly using U.S. dollars. Investors seeking to trade VeriCoin should first buy Bitcoin or Ethereum using an exchange that deals in U.S. dollars such as Gemini, Changelly or GDAX. Investors can then use their newly-acquired Bitcoin or Ethereum to buy VeriCoin using one of the aforementioned exchanges.
Receive News & Updates for VeriCoin Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and updates for VeriCoin and related cryptocurrencies with MarketBeat.com's FREE CryptoBeat newsletter.