Avalanche (CURRENCY:AVAX) traded 3.5% higher against the U.S. dollar during the 24-hour period ending at 13:00 PM E.T. on July 22nd. Avalanche has a market cap of $1.88 billion and approximately $43.09 million worth of Avalanche was traded on exchanges in the last 24 hours. Over the last week, Avalanche has traded down 2.7% against the U.S. dollar. One Avalanche coin can currently be purchased for approximately $10.92 or 0.00033638 BTC on exchanges.
Here’s how related cryptocurrencies have performed over the last 24 hours:
- Algorand (ALGO) traded up 4.2% against the dollar and now trades at $0.79 or 0.00002448 BTC.
- Elrond (EGLD) traded up 3.9% against the dollar and now trades at $80.15 or 0.00246879 BTC.
- Theta Fuel (TFUEL) traded 1.6% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.28 or 0.00000860 BTC.
- Helium (HNT) traded 2.6% higher against the dollar and now trades at $11.19 or 0.00034479 BTC.
- NEAR Protocol (NEAR) traded up 7.1% against the dollar and now trades at $1.90 or 0.00005865 BTC.
- Kava.io (KAVA) traded 9.3% higher against the dollar and now trades at $4.01 or 0.00012352 BTC.
- Ardor (ARDR) traded 3.5% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.14 or 0.00000420 BTC.
- Divi (DIVI) traded down 3.5% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0412 or 0.00000127 BTC.
- Wanchain (WAN) traded up 0.7% against the dollar and now trades at $0.50 or 0.00001533 BTC.
- Energi (NRG) traded 2.2% higher against the dollar and now trades at $1.58 or 0.00004870 BTC.
According to CryptoCompare, “Avalanche is an open-source platform for launching decentralized finance applications and enterprise blockchain deployments in one interoperable, highly scalable ecosystem. Developers who build on Avalanche can easily create applications and custom blockchain networks with complex rulesets or build on existing private or public subnets. Avalanche can confirm transactions in under one second, supports the entirety of the Ethereum development toolkit, and enables millions of independent validators to participate as full block producers (Avalanche had over 1,000 full, block-producing nodes on its Denali testnet). In addition to supporting transaction finality under one second, Avalanche is capable of throughput orders of magnitude greater than existing decentralized blockchain networks (4,500+ transactions/second) and security thresholds well-above the 51% standards of other networks. AVAX is the capped supply native token of the Avalanche platform. Participants can become full block-producers and validators by staking AVAX and are incentivized to do so because of staking rewards. Fees for all sorts of operations on the network are paid out in AVAX through burning, thus increasing the scarcity of AVAX for all token holders. On September 2020, Avalanche announced the launch of its mainnnet. “
Avalanche Coin Trading
It is usually not possible to purchase alternative cryptocurrencies such as Avalanche directly using US dollars. Investors seeking to trade Avalanche should first purchase Ethereum or Bitcoin using an exchange that deals in US dollars such as Coinbase, GDAX or Changelly. Investors can then use their newly-acquired Ethereum or Bitcoin to purchase Avalanche using one of the exchanges listed above.
Receive News & Updates for Avalanche Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and updates for Avalanche and related cryptocurrencies with MarketBeat.com's FREE CryptoBeat newsletter.