Helium (CURRENCY:HNT) traded down 7.2% against the dollar during the 24 hour period ending at 21:00 PM E.T. on September 21st. During the last week, Helium has traded down 15.7% against the dollar. One Helium coin can now be bought for $17.28 or 0.00041162 BTC on major exchanges. Helium has a total market cap of $1.70 billion and approximately $33.25 million worth of Helium was traded on exchanges in the last 24 hours.
Here is how similar cryptocurrencies have performed during the last 24 hours:
- Avalanche (AVAX) traded 10.3% higher against the dollar and now trades at $62.99 or 0.00150030 BTC.
- Algorand (ALGO) traded down 1% against the dollar and now trades at $1.62 or 0.00003861 BTC.
- Elrond (EGLD) traded up 13.9% against the dollar and now trades at $211.23 or 0.00503128 BTC.
- NEAR Protocol (NEAR) traded 9.9% lower against the dollar and now trades at $6.92 or 0.00016494 BTC.
- Theta Fuel (TFUEL) traded 1.5% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.26 or 0.00000627 BTC.
- Kava.io (KAVA) traded down 6% against the dollar and now trades at $4.77 or 0.00011351 BTC.
- Ardor (ARDR) traded 2.1% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.30 or 0.00000705 BTC.
- Wanchain (WAN) traded down 2% against the dollar and now trades at $0.74 or 0.00001771 BTC.
- Divi (DIVI) traded 1.9% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.0340 or 0.00000081 BTC.
- Energi (NRG) traded 2% lower against the dollar and now trades at $1.63 or 0.00003879 BTC.
Helium Coin Profile
According to CryptoCompare, “With a Helium Hotspot, anyone can earn cryptocurrency by building a wireless network in their city and creating a more connected future. It provides wireless coverage for low power Internet of Things (IoT) devices and earns a new cryptocurrency, Helium, from the users' living room. HNT is mined and distributed to Hotspot Owners, Helium Inc., and Investors. Helium uses algorithm called “Proof-of-Coverage” (PoC) to verify that Hotspots are located where they claim (as established in the assert_location transaction when they are first deployed). There is no pre-mine of HNT, and a max supply of 223M HNT. HNT supply comes from mining with a compatible Hotspot that both mines HNT and creates network coverage for IoT devices. All HNT was mined from genesis, starting at a rate of 5M HNT/month and then halving every 2 years. On August 1st, 2021 the net HNT issuance will be reduced to 2.5M HNT per month. The distribution of HNT changes over time to align incentives with the needs of the network. In the early days, a higher proportion of HNT is allocated to Hotspot owners for building and securing coverage. As the network grows, Hotspots earn more for transferring device data on the network while Helium Inc. and investors earn less. After 20 years, distributions no longer adjust and remain fixed. “
Buying and Selling Helium
It is usually not presently possible to purchase alternative cryptocurrencies such as Helium directly using US dollars. Investors seeking to acquire Helium should first purchase Bitcoin or Ethereum using an exchange that deals in US dollars such as Coinbase, GDAX or Changelly. Investors can then use their newly-acquired Bitcoin or Ethereum to purchase Helium using one of the aforementioned exchanges.
Receive News & Updates for Helium Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and updates for Helium and related cryptocurrencies with MarketBeat.com's FREE CryptoBeat newsletter.