Peercoin (CURRENCY:PPC) traded down 0.3% against the dollar during the 1-day period ending at 20:00 PM Eastern on September 21st. One Peercoin coin can now be purchased for approximately $0.69 or 0.00001692 BTC on exchanges. In the last seven days, Peercoin has traded down 26% against the dollar. Peercoin has a market capitalization of $18.80 million and $40,531.00 worth of Peercoin was traded on exchanges in the last 24 hours.
Here’s how similar cryptocurrencies have performed in the last 24 hours:
- PRIZM (PZM) traded 22.3% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.0047 or 0.00000011 BTC.
- NuBits (USNBT) traded down 29.8% against the dollar and now trades at $0.23 or 0.00000552 BTC.
- Tigerfinance (TIGER) traded 0.8% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.0313 or 0.00000077 BTC.
- THECASH (TCH) traded down 0.1% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0260 or 0.00000064 BTC.
- Tchain (TCH) traded 9.8% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.0005 or 0.00000001 BTC.
- NIX Bridge Token (NBT) traded down 27.2% against the dollar and now trades at $80.59 or 0.00141480 BTC.
Peercoin Coin Profile
According to CryptoCompare, “A peer-to-peer crypto-currency design derived from Satoshi Nakamoto's Bitcoin. Proof-of-Stake replaces Proof-of-Work to provide most of the network security. Under this hybrid design proof-of-work mainly provides initial minting and is largely non-essential in the long run. The security level of the network is not highly energy-dependent thus providing an energy-efficient and more cost-competitive peer-to-peer crypto-currency. Proof-of-Stake is based on coin age and generated by each node via a hashing scheme bearing similarity to Bitcoins but over limited search space. Blockchain history and transaction settlement are further protected by a centrally broadcasted checkpoint mechanism. “
Buying and Selling Peercoin
It is usually not possible to buy alternative cryptocurrencies such as Peercoin directly using U.S. dollars. Investors seeking to acquire Peercoin should first buy Ethereum or Bitcoin using an exchange that deals in U.S. dollars such as Gemini, GDAX or Changelly. Investors can then use their newly-acquired Ethereum or Bitcoin to buy Peercoin using one of the aforementioned exchanges.
Receive News & Updates for Peercoin Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and updates for Peercoin and related cryptocurrencies with MarketBeat.com's FREE CryptoBeat newsletter.