Helium (CURRENCY:HNT) traded 3.6% higher against the U.S. dollar during the twenty-four hour period ending at 10:00 AM Eastern on October 14th. One Helium coin can now be bought for approximately $19.76 or 0.00034400 BTC on major cryptocurrency exchanges. Helium has a total market capitalization of $1.97 billion and approximately $13.26 million worth of Helium was traded on exchanges in the last 24 hours. In the last seven days, Helium has traded 7% lower against the U.S. dollar.
Here is how similar cryptocurrencies have performed in the last 24 hours:
- Avalanche (AVAX) traded up 4.4% against the dollar and now trades at $57.03 or 0.00099275 BTC.
- Algorand (ALGO) traded up 8.1% against the dollar and now trades at $1.84 or 0.00003206 BTC.
- Hedera (HBAR) traded up 11.1% against the dollar and now trades at $0.39 or 0.00000674 BTC.
- Elrond (EGLD) traded 1.1% higher against the dollar and now trades at $244.76 or 0.00426058 BTC.
- NEAR Protocol (NEAR) traded 12.3% higher against the dollar and now trades at $7.90 or 0.00013748 BTC.
- Theta Fuel (TFUEL) traded up 3.4% against the dollar and now trades at $0.29 or 0.00000512 BTC.
- Kava (KAVA) traded up 6.1% against the dollar and now trades at $6.14 or 0.00010690 BTC.
- Kava.io (KAVA) traded up 4.2% against the dollar and now trades at $5.62 or 0.00012724 BTC.
- Ardor (ARDR) traded 4.6% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.35 or 0.00000609 BTC.
- Wanchain (WAN) traded up 3.8% against the dollar and now trades at $0.92 or 0.00001596 BTC.
According to CryptoCompare, “With a Helium Hotspot, anyone can earn cryptocurrency by building a wireless network in their city and creating a more connected future. It provides wireless coverage for low power Internet of Things (IoT) devices and earns a new cryptocurrency, Helium, from the users' living room. HNT is mined and distributed to Hotspot Owners, Helium Inc., and Investors. Helium uses algorithm called “Proof-of-Coverage” (PoC) to verify that Hotspots are located where they claim (as established in the assert_location transaction when they are first deployed). There is no pre-mine of HNT, and a max supply of 223M HNT. HNT supply comes from mining with a compatible Hotspot that both mines HNT and creates network coverage for IoT devices. All HNT was mined from genesis, starting at a rate of 5M HNT/month and then halving every 2 years. On August 1st, 2021 the net HNT issuance will be reduced to 2.5M HNT per month. The distribution of HNT changes over time to align incentives with the needs of the network. In the early days, a higher proportion of HNT is allocated to Hotspot owners for building and securing coverage. As the network grows, Hotspots earn more for transferring device data on the network while Helium Inc. and investors earn less. After 20 years, distributions no longer adjust and remain fixed. “
Helium Coin Trading
It is usually not presently possible to buy alternative cryptocurrencies such as Helium directly using US dollars. Investors seeking to acquire Helium should first buy Bitcoin or Ethereum using an exchange that deals in US dollars such as Gemini, Coinbase or GDAX. Investors can then use their newly-acquired Bitcoin or Ethereum to buy Helium using one of the exchanges listed above.
Receive News & Updates for Helium Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and updates for Helium and related cryptocurrencies with MarketBeat.com's FREE CryptoBeat newsletter.