Zcash (CURRENCY:ZEC) traded 13.8% higher against the dollar during the 24-hour period ending at 20:00 PM Eastern on November 25th. In the last week, Zcash has traded up 93.6% against the dollar. One Zcash coin can now be purchased for approximately $292.88 or 0.00496922 BTC on popular exchanges. Zcash has a total market capitalization of $3.86 billion and approximately $1.44 billion worth of Zcash was traded on exchanges in the last day.
Here is how other cryptocurrencies have performed in the last day:
- Horizen (ZEN) traded up 11.2% against the dollar and now trades at $132.37 or 0.00224591 BTC.
- Bitcoin Gold (BTG) traded up 1.2% against the dollar and now trades at $58.58 or 0.00099387 BTC.
- Pirate Chain (ARRR) traded 2.2% higher against the dollar and now trades at $1.87 or 0.00003167 BTC.
- Alchemy Pay (ACH) traded 3.8% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.0890 or 0.00000151 BTC.
- Bitcoin Private (BTCP) traded up 4.9% against the dollar and now trades at $2.58 or 0.00004383 BTC.
- BitcoinZ (BTCZ) traded 3% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.0005 or 0.00000001 BTC.
- ZClassic (ZCL) traded up 10.8% against the dollar and now trades at $0.19 or 0.00000326 BTC.
- Zero (ZER) traded 1.6% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.16 or 0.00000271 BTC.
- Hush (HUSH) traded 19.7% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.0936 or 0.00000159 BTC.
- Bitcoin Interest (BCI) traded up 1.6% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0065 or 0.00000011 BTC.
Zcash Coin Profile
According to CryptoCompare, “zk-SNARKsThe BasicZcash is the first widespread application of zk-SNARKs, a novel form of zero-knowledge cryptography. The strong privacy guarantee of Zcash is derived from the fact that shielded transactions in Zcash can be fully encrypted on the blockchain, yet still be verified as valid under the network’s consensus rules by using zk-SNARK proofs. The acronym zk-SNARK stands for “Zero-Knowledge Succinct Non-Interactive Argument of Knowledge,” and refers to a proof construction where one can prove possession of certain information, e.g. a secret key, without revealing that information, and without any interaction between the prover and verifier. “Zero-knowledge” proofs allow one party (the prover) to prove to another (the verifier) that a statement is true, without revealing any information beyond the validity of the statement itself. For example, given the hash of a random number, the prover could convince the verifier that there indeed exists a number with this hash value, without revealing what it is. Application to ZCASHIn order to have zero-knowledge privacy in Zcash, the function determining the validity of a transaction according to the network’s consensus rules must return the answer of whether the transaction is valid or not, without revealing any of the information it performed the calculations on. This is done by encoding some of the network's consensus rules in zk-SNARKs. At a high level, zk-SNARKs work by first turning what you want to prove into an equivalent form about knowing a solution to some algebraic equations. In the following section, we give a brief overview of how the rules for determining a valid transaction get transformed into equations that can then be evaluated on a candidate solution without revealing any sensitive information to the parties verifying the equations. “
Zcash Coin Trading
It is usually not presently possible to buy alternative cryptocurrencies such as Zcash directly using U.S. dollars. Investors seeking to acquire Zcash should first buy Ethereum or Bitcoin using an exchange that deals in U.S. dollars such as Coinbase, GDAX or Changelly. Investors can then use their newly-acquired Ethereum or Bitcoin to buy Zcash using one of the aforementioned exchanges.
Receive News & Updates for Zcash Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and updates for Zcash and related cryptocurrencies with MarketBeat.com's FREE CryptoBeat newsletter.