Alliant Energy Co. (NYSE:LNT – Get Rating) rose 1.8% on Thursday . The company traded as high as $56.71 and last traded at $56.53. Approximately 1,423,754 shares changed hands during trading, a decline of 2% from the average daily volume of 1,459,829 shares. The stock had previously closed at $55.52.
Separately, StockNews.com initiated coverage on shares of Alliant Energy in a research note on Thursday, March 31st. They set a “hold” rating on the stock.
The firm’s 50 day moving average price is $60.04.
Alliant Energy Company Profile (NYSE:LNT)
Alliant Energy Corporation operates as a utility holding company that provides regulated electricity and natural gas services. It operates through three segments: Utility Electric Operations, Utility Gas Operations, and Utility Other. The company, through its subsidiary, Interstate Power and Light Company (IPL), primarily generates and distributes electricity, and distributes and transports natural gas to retail customers in Iowa; sells electricity to wholesale customers in Minnesota, Illinois, and Iowa; and generates and distributes steam in Cedar Rapids, Iowa.
- Get a free copy of the StockNews.com research report on Alliant Energy (LNT)
- It’s A Comfortable Time To Buy Steelcase
- Worthington Posts Strong Results, But Earnings Fall On One-Off Adjustments
- A Tasty Entry Point Into Darden Restaurants International
- NXP Semiconductors: Strong Earnings & New Microcontrollers for Electric Vehicles
- Lithium Stocks Are Offering Unprecedented Opportunity To Investors
Receive News & Ratings for Alliant Energy Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for Alliant Energy and related companies with MarketBeat.com's FREE daily email newsletter.