Komodo (KMD) traded 8.3% higher against the U.S. dollar during the one day period ending at 20:00 PM E.T. on June 23rd. Komodo has a total market capitalization of $26.44 million and approximately $4.18 million worth of Komodo was traded on exchanges in the last 24 hours. One Komodo coin can currently be bought for about $0.20 or 0.00000948 BTC on popular cryptocurrency exchanges. Over the last seven days, Komodo has traded up 14.8% against the U.S. dollar.
Here’s how other cryptocurrencies have performed over the last 24 hours:
- Zcash (ZEC) traded up 3.6% against the dollar and now trades at $65.67 or 0.00311421 BTC.
- Bitcoin Gold (BTG) traded up 4.7% against the dollar and now trades at $17.03 or 0.00080766 BTC.
- Horizen (ZEN) traded 4.7% higher against the dollar and now trades at $14.49 or 0.00068734 BTC.
- RedFOX Labs (RFOX) traded flat against the dollar and now trades at $0.13 or 0.00000270 BTC.
- Pirate Chain (ARRR) traded up 6.4% against the dollar and now trades at $0.44 or 0.00002079 BTC.
- Alchemy Pay (ACH) traded 1.4% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.0123 or 0.00000058 BTC.
- Zel (ZEL) traded flat against the dollar and now trades at $0.15 or 0.00000252 BTC.
- Bitcoin Private (BTCP) traded 6.6% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.95 or 0.00004493 BTC.
- Flux (FLX) traded down 0.8% against the dollar and now trades at $0.12 or 0.00000571 BTC.
- BitcoinZ (BTCZ) traded 3.2% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.0001 or 0.00000001 BTC.
According to CryptoCompare, “Komodo is a privacy-centric cryptocurrency that combines the anonymity of ZCash with the security of Bitcoin. Using a new consensus mechanism developed by the Komodo team, delayed Proof of Work, Komodo blocks can be notarized using the Bitcoin blockchain. KMD is issued through an Equihash-based PoW protocol, and the new block information is sent to pre-voted notary nodes. These nodes insert the Komodo block information on the BTC blockchain by creating a custom transaction. This system ensures that in order to “hack” komodo, one would have to rewrite both chains.Komodo uses Zero Knowledge Proofs to provide 100% anonymous transactions, that are now secured with Bitcoin's hash rate. “
Buying and Selling Komodo
It is usually not presently possible to buy alternative cryptocurrencies such as Komodo directly using US dollars. Investors seeking to trade Komodo should first buy Bitcoin or Ethereum using an exchange that deals in US dollars such as Changelly, Coinbase or GDAX. Investors can then use their newly-acquired Bitcoin or Ethereum to buy Komodo using one of the exchanges listed above.
Receive News & Updates for Komodo Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and updates for Komodo and related cryptocurrencies with MarketBeat.com's FREE CryptoBeat newsletter.