MonaCoin (MONA) traded 2.7% higher against the U.S. dollar during the 1 day period ending at 21:00 PM ET on June 23rd. One MonaCoin coin can now be purchased for approximately $0.51 or 0.00002426 BTC on major cryptocurrency exchanges. MonaCoin has a total market cap of $33.52 million and approximately $119,350.00 worth of MonaCoin was traded on exchanges in the last day. During the last seven days, MonaCoin has traded up 3.9% against the U.S. dollar.
Here is how similar cryptocurrencies have performed during the last day:
- Zcoin (XZC) traded flat against the dollar and now trades at $4.23 or 0.00022429 BTC.
- Vertcoin (VTC) traded 12.9% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.15 or 0.00000707 BTC.
- AICHAIN (AIT) traded 3.5% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.0016 or 0.00000008 BTC.
- CoinZoom (ZOOM) traded flat against the dollar and now trades at $225,092.29 or 0.00000028 BTC.
- Coinversation (CTO) traded down 20.4% against the dollar and now trades at $0.10 or 0.00000271 BTC.
According to CryptoCompare, “Monacoin, conceived in December of 2013, is the first alternative cryptocurrency developed in Japan. It is based on the popular ASCII art character, Mona. Monacoin is not a payment system controlled by one single entity, but a fully distributed payment system preserved by everyone who uses it via client applications running on their computers. “
Buying and Selling MonaCoin
It is usually not currently possible to purchase alternative cryptocurrencies such as MonaCoin directly using U.S. dollars. Investors seeking to acquire MonaCoin should first purchase Bitcoin or Ethereum using an exchange that deals in U.S. dollars such as Gemini, Changelly or Coinbase. Investors can then use their newly-acquired Bitcoin or Ethereum to purchase MonaCoin using one of the aforementioned exchanges.
Receive News & Updates for MonaCoin Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and updates for MonaCoin and related cryptocurrencies with MarketBeat.com's FREE CryptoBeat newsletter.