Primecoin (XPM) traded up 1.7% against the U.S. dollar during the 1-day period ending at 11:00 AM Eastern on September 23rd. Primecoin has a market cap of $1.59 million and $488.00 worth of Primecoin was traded on exchanges in the last 24 hours. One Primecoin coin can now be purchased for approximately $0.0377 or 0.00000201 BTC on exchanges. Over the last week, Primecoin has traded down 11.2% against the U.S. dollar.
Here is how similar cryptocurrencies have performed over the last 24 hours:
- DigiByte (DGB) traded 4% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.0093 or 0.00000050 BTC.
- Verge (XVG) traded down 0.4% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0032 or 0.00000017 BTC.
- Circuits of Value (COVAL) traded 0.3% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.0133 or 0.00000071 BTC.
- Myriad (XMY) traded up 5.7% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0003 or 0.00000001 BTC.
- Quark (QRK) traded 1.4% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.0013 or 0.00000007 BTC.
- X-HASH (XSH) traded down 93.1% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0491 or 0.00000254 BTC.
- Unitus (UIS) traded flat against the dollar and now trades at $0.0007 or 0.00000004 BTC.
- SHIELD (XSH) traded up 1.8% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0002 or 0.00000001 BTC.
- SaffronCoin (SFR) traded flat against the dollar and now trades at $0.0099 or 0.00000053 BTC.
- Ribbit Rewards (RBR) traded flat against the dollar and now trades at $0.0209 or 0.00000112 BTC.
Primecoin Coin Profile
Primecoin (CRYPTO:XPM) is a proof-of-work (PoW) coin that uses the Multiple hashing algorithm. Its genesis date was July 7th, 2013. Primecoin’s total supply is 42,135,566 coins. The Reddit community for Primecoin is /r/primecoin and the currency’s Github account can be viewed here. The official message board for Primecoin is talk.peercoin.net/c/altcoins/primecoin. The official website for Primecoin is primecoin.io. Primecoin’s official Twitter account is @primecoin and its Facebook page is accessible here.
Buying and Selling Primecoin
It is usually not currently possible to buy alternative cryptocurrencies such as Primecoin directly using US dollars. Investors seeking to acquire Primecoin should first buy Ethereum or Bitcoin using an exchange that deals in US dollars such as Coinbase, Gemini or Changelly. Investors can then use their newly-acquired Ethereum or Bitcoin to buy Primecoin using one of the exchanges listed above.
Receive News & Updates for Primecoin Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and updates for Primecoin and related cryptocurrencies with MarketBeat.com's FREE CryptoBeat newsletter.