DigiByte (DGB) traded down 1.9% against the dollar during the 1-day period ending at 0:00 AM E.T. on March 18th. DigiByte has a market capitalization of $158.52 million and approximately $4.84 million worth of DigiByte was traded on exchanges in the last day. In the last seven days, DigiByte has traded 13% higher against the dollar. One DigiByte coin can currently be bought for $0.0099 or 0.00000036 BTC on major exchanges.
Here is how other cryptocurrencies have performed in the last day:
- Bitcoin (BTC) traded 0.7% lower against the dollar and now trades at $27,199.36 or 1.00000000 BTC.
- Dogecoin (DOGE) traded 4% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.0748 or 0.00000275 BTC.
- Litecoin (LTC) traded down 4% against the dollar and now trades at $83.78 or 0.00308037 BTC.
- UNUS SED LEO (LEO) traded down 5.5% against the dollar and now trades at $3.35 or 0.00012317 BTC.
- Ethereum Classic (ETC) traded 3.9% lower against the dollar and now trades at $21.27 or 0.00078211 BTC.
- Monero (XMR) traded 1.1% lower against the dollar and now trades at $152.79 or 0.00561733 BTC.
- Bitcoin Cash (BCH) traded 2.6% lower against the dollar and now trades at $133.72 or 0.00491632 BTC.
- DEI (DEI) traded 1.5% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.20 or 0.00000722 BTC.
- Conflux (CFX) traded down 3.2% against the dollar and now trades at $0.40 or 0.00001456 BTC.
- Pax Dollar (USDP) traded 0.8% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.99 or 0.00003656 BTC.
DigiByte Coin Profile
DigiByte (CRYPTO:DGB) is a proof-of-work (PoW) coin that uses the Multiple hashing algorithm. It was first traded on January 12th, 2014. DigiByte’s total supply is 16,095,247,294 coins and its circulating supply is 15,982,303,652 coins. The Reddit community for DigiByte is https://reddit.com/r/digibyte and the currency’s Github account can be viewed here. DigiByte’s official Twitter account is @digibytecoin and its Facebook page is accessible here. The official message board for DigiByte is dgbforum.com. DigiByte’s official website is digibyte.org.
DigiByte: Refers to the entire DigiByte network or a single monetary unit on the payment network. 21 billion DigiBytes will be created over 21 years.
Block: A grouping of all transactions sent over the DigiByte network within a 30 second time frame. Think of a block as an excel spreadsheet that lists the address location of all DigiBytes at a given point in time in history. New DigiBytes are brought into circulation as each block is discovered on the network through a process called mining.
Mining: Mining is how transactions are processed on the network. Anyone can become a miner by donating and using their desktop, laptop or mobile phone computing power to help process transactions on the DigiByte network. DigiByte has made this process even easier with our 3 click mining software for beginners.
Blockchain: The DigiByte blockchain is the entire history of all blocks discovered on the network & therefore all transactions made on the network. Each block references the proceeding block all the way back to the beginning of the network to what is known as the genesis block. By linking blocks (spreadsheets) together an accurate, secure accounting of all up to date DigiByte ownership is made by decentralized consensus.”
Buying and Selling DigiByte
It is usually not presently possible to buy alternative cryptocurrencies such as DigiByte directly using US dollars. Investors seeking to trade DigiByte should first buy Ethereum or Bitcoin using an exchange that deals in US dollars such as GDAX, Coinbase or Gemini. Investors can then use their newly-acquired Ethereum or Bitcoin to buy DigiByte using one of the aforementioned exchanges.
Receive News & Updates for DigiByte Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and updates for DigiByte and related cryptocurrencies with MarketBeat.com's FREE CryptoBeat newsletter.