Dogecoin (DOGE) traded 3.1% higher against the US dollar during the one day period ending at 8:00 AM ET on November 20th. Over the last seven days, Dogecoin has traded 4.5% higher against the US dollar. One Dogecoin coin can currently be bought for $0.0812 or 0.00000218 BTC on cryptocurrency exchanges. Dogecoin has a market capitalization of $11.52 billion and approximately $552.44 million worth of Dogecoin was traded on exchanges in the last 24 hours.
Here’s how other cryptocurrencies have performed over the last 24 hours:
- Litecoin (LTC) traded 1.7% higher against the dollar and now trades at $70.38 or 0.00189151 BTC.
- UNUS SED LEO (LEO) traded 2.2% lower against the dollar and now trades at $3.98 or 0.00010704 BTC.
- DEI (DEI) traded 3.2% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.0121 or 0.00000033 BTC.
- NyanCoin (NYAN) traded down 2.2% against the dollar and now trades at $2.40 or 0.00008809 BTC.
- Polymath (POLY) traded up 5.7% against the dollar and now trades at $0.23 or 0.00000628 BTC.
- MegaCoin (MEC) traded down 2.2% against the dollar and now trades at $4.30 or 0.00015776 BTC.
- Lotto (LOTTO) traded 2.1% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.0005 or 0.00000002 BTC.
- EAC (EAC) traded flat against the dollar and now trades at $0.0011 or 0.00000004 BTC.
DOGE is a proof-of-work (PoW) coin that uses the Scrypt hashing algorithm. It launched on December 6th, 2013. Dogecoin’s total supply is 141,906,946,384 coins. The Reddit community for Dogecoin is https://reddit.com/r/dogecoin and the currency’s Github account can be viewed here. Dogecoin’s official Twitter account is @dogecoin and its Facebook page is accessible here. Dogecoin’s official website is dogecoin.com.
Buying and Selling Dogecoin
It is usually not presently possible to purchase alternative cryptocurrencies such as Dogecoin directly using U.S. dollars. Investors seeking to acquire Dogecoin should first purchase Bitcoin or Ethereum using an exchange that deals in U.S. dollars such as Coinbase, GDAX or Changelly. Investors can then use their newly-acquired Bitcoin or Ethereum to purchase Dogecoin using one of the aforementioned exchanges.
Receive News & Updates for Dogecoin Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and updates for Dogecoin and related cryptocurrencies with MarketBeat.com's FREE CryptoBeat newsletter.